Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Interesting things about Jake.....

Jake is an interesting dog. As I've said before, sometimes I just like to watch him and wonder what he's thinking about. (what does that say about me?) So, here are some interesting things I've observed about our cute little guy.....
--Jake likes to jump in the pool (on the shallow shelf) and kick around in it and drink some of the pool water but he hates baths.
--I'm not sure if he's afraid of the dark or just afraid of shadows. Either way, he hates to go outside after dark.
--He can go longer without peeing than any animal or person I know. Which is probably good since he hates to go out after dark.
--He loves to chew on anything. Someday, I'll compile a list of things he has chewed on but the latest one (today) was my good, and I mean good, sewing scissors. Oh yeah, and one of my good Reeboks. Oh, and a pencil. And a sock. And underwear.
--He never met a person he didn't like. Even the vet. He's just not bright enough to have enemies.
--When I'm reading my Bible, sometimes I read out loud and he'll sit at my feet, looking at me like I'm reading just to him. Maybe I am. We just finished the book of Esther. I like to think he enjoyed it as much as I did.
--He can sleep all night in his crate and not whimper at all but when we tried letting him sleep in our room, he woke up at 2:00 every single morning, cried until one of us (me) got up and then he wanted to play. He's back in the crate at night.
--He hates to be groomed but after he's had a haircut, he has a little spring in his step. He looks good and he knows it.
Ok that's enough for now. I'll keep observing and report my findings.....

No comments:

Post a Comment